NQCC love to get our members and supporters involved in our activities.
We have several great opportunities for volunteering and training, plus we have a vacancy to join our small team.
Email us at email@example.com if any of the below opportunities interest you.
Adani Roadshow 25th January
Adani’s job-spruiking roadshow is coming to Townsville, and we’d like you to be part of the audience to challenge their dodgy jobs claims. More information here. Must be available between 10am-2pm. Send us an email with your contact details to express your interest and find out more.
Meet your MP training with Australian Conservation Foundation 25th January 5:45-7:30pm
We once again welcome ACF to our office for some training about meeting with your local elected politician. Dinner provided. You’ll need to RSVP here.
Community Campaigner – 10 hours a week (paid, flexible hours)
We are seeking expressions of interest from our network for the role of Community Campaigner. Key areas of responsibility in this role include: community engagement and education, fundraising, event management and working alongside the Coordinator to develop and implement campaigns. A full position description is available here. Please email through your resume and a cover letter about what assets you would bring to NQCC.
Event Assistance – Art Exhibition (27th Jan) and Auction (3rd March)
We have a brilliant art exhibition opening soon (see event details here). This exhibition will run until early March, culminating in an art auction with all proceeds going to NQCC. We need a team of helping hands to make the event a success on the night. Whether you are a volunteer or attendee, we hope to see you at both events!
1 or 2 promoters
– hand out invitations to attendees of the launch promoting the March auction
– arrange nibbles and snacks prior to the event (paid for by NQCC of course)
6 bar staff
– we need wonderful people to mix and sell drinks. You’ll be in shifts and not on the bar longer than 1.5 hours, so you can still enjoy the frivolities. RSA not required, but being a responsible adult is.
1 door person
– as the bidders arrive, you’ll hand out bidding numbers and record attendee details.
2 record keepers
– as art is auctioned off, we need someone to record the purchaser and paid price of each item sold. You’ll split the duties throughout the night so you can enjoy the auction
1 slide changer
– while the auction is on, we need someone to be changing the slideshow photos of art for sale. It’s as easy as clicking a button!
– you’ll be taking photos of everyone having a merry ol’ time for use on NQCC’s Facebook and website. Own camera is preferable but not necessary.
1 till keeper
– as the auction concludes, we collect payments for the purchased art. You’ll be processing transactions using a mobile EFTPOS machine.
Social Media Volunteer/Intern
This role suits someone looking for a practical application social media, marketing, or communications theory they have studied, or someone with an existing skillset in this area. Tasks could include developing a communications or marketing strategy plan, generating social media content over a variety of platforms, and managing social media accounts.
Simple cleaning of the NQCC office space, two hours once a fortnight. Cleaning products and equipment supplied.
Do you have a skill for finding facts? Volunteer your time researching topics that NQCC is working on, in preparation for a submission on government policy or informing one of our campaigns.
Do you like writing interesting and engaging material on the topics of the environment, conservation or sustainability? We are always keen to have guest contributors’ articles on our website. You can write a one-off piece, or regularly contribute.
NQCC has been around a long time and we have lots of records that need to be digitised and archived. This is perfect for someone who loves creating calm from chaos!
Do you have a skillset that you’d like to offer us that’s not listed above?
Get in touch! We can always use the help and expertise of our brilliant members and supporters. If you have skills in IT, digital security, governance, management or anything else, please let us know.